Cooking with Love

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trix are for kids.....and not for silly rabbits :-)

As a kid I always loved the Saturday mornings when it was completely kiddy time on the TV. HR PuffinStuff, Mighty Mouse, etc. I also loved the commercials. From Lucky Charms ("they're magically delicious) to Rodney Allen Rippy for Jack in the Box.
Saturdays were the best!
As an adult I stopped eating the sugary cereals but my kids love them. Or so I thought....Recently I bought 2 boxes of TRIX (on sale). My kids won't touch them. And we don't throw food....(Every time I want to dump something I hear my mom telling me about the hunger in Africa...)
So - why not scheme the kids?
Why not replace the chocolate chips in the cookies with Trix?
And.....it worked!!!

Trix Cookies
100 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups trix

Beat the butter wuth the sugars till fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
In seperate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Gradually add to the butter mix until blended.
Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Drop rounded teaspoons of batter aprox 1 cm apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes on 170C.
Cool completely.


No comments: