Cooking with Love

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chicken Nuggets - Goodbye McDonalds - Hello Homeade!

Don't you always wonder what really goes into junk food? I try not to think about it - since the answer is in the category - junk.
I'm not crazy about fried foods and I definately try not to make any recipes that need deep frying but sometimes I stumble on a recipe that is a must try. This is one of them.
At least I know what they are made of.....
I found this recipe on one of the israeli blogs which I like very much.



Better than McDonalds / Burger King/ Jack in the Box / etc.. Chicken Nuggets

1 chicken breast
juice from 1 lemon

2 egg whites
1/3 cup soda
3 Tbs. flour
3 Tbs/ cornflour
2-3 drops tobasco sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Oil for deep frying.

Whisk the egg whites till frothy. Mix in the spices. Add the soda, flour and cornflour - consistency should be like pancake batter.

Cut the breast into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with lemon juice and mix.

Heat the oil in a fryer or wok.

When oil is hot enough lower heat and drop each chicken piece in the batter till completely covered. Place cautiously in the oil and fry 4-5 minutes till golden.

Serve with BBQ sauce.

My little childrens meal ponies

4 comments:

Paz said...

I bet homemade tastes MUCH better!

Paz

prettybaker said...

Always does...xoxo

s said...

Yummy kids will love it..

Arlette said...

Anything homemade taste uch better and healthier
thanks for sharing