Cooking with Love

Friday, November 6, 2009

Easy peasy spinach spirals

Just a quickie post with a quickie recipe since my oldest remembered that he needs to bring something for potluck ("HE" for ome reason always means me....). Since kitchenaid passed away a cake is out of the question. Quiche was made the last 3 times and being pretty tired was a major factor. I had a package of whole wheat puff pastry defrosting that I was planning on using for something else and a bag of fresh spinach. Lucky me I even had some feta cheese.
So....


Spinach Feta Pinwheels

1 package whole wheat puff pastry
400 grams fresh spinach, washed and dried
1 onion, chopped
olive oil
salt & pepper

Sautee onion till golden, Add spinach a sautee for no more than a minute. Add salt and pepper. Drain and coll completely.
Roll out puff pastry and spread the spinach evenly.
Grate or crumble the feta over the spinach,
Roll the pastry lengthwise and cut.
Place on baking sheet and bake on medium heat approx. 20 minutes till golden and crisp.

No comments: