First of all.... The Queen is Dead....
Long Live the King!!!Looking at this pie will ruin your diet. FACT.
Not kidding...I warn you and warn you again. And its the BEST!!
There is a reason its called "Gone to Heaven Chocolate Pie" adapted from the Hersheys site. Its to die for. But making it even better - I added a thick layer of peanut butter. Use smooth or chunky, whichever works fine.
I made it for my grandmothers 95th birthday party - but since almost everyone is down with the flu, we will celebrate at another time.
- One 9-inch pie shell
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
- Peanut butter
- Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping(optional)
Directions:1. Bake pie shell; cool. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan. Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended. (This is where I first spread the peanut butter) Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired. 6 to 8 servings.
And I definately died and went to heaven.....