Cooking with Love

Monday, September 1, 2008

The next day cookies - Alfahores

At first I though the recipe was one of the downfall recipes but apparently - they do get better the day after.
My daughter is the alfahores lover in the family - I sometimes wonder if the stork that brought her didn't make a stop in Argentina.

The dough seemed a bit dry - but as I said - these are the next day cookies. I am not terribly fond of the baker that gave us this recipe - but that is a different matter and I will give hjer credit for this recipe.

Alfahores - by Karin Goren
200 grams butter, at room temp.
200 grams powdered sugar
3 yolks
1 instant vanilla pudding
200 grams cornflour
200 grams flour
2 tspd. baking powder
1q2 tsp baking soda
Dulche de Leche
Coconut
powdered sugar
Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks till incorporated.
In a seperate bowl sift flkour, cornflour, vanilla pudding, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture till well blended.
Chill covered for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 170.
Roll dough and cut with round cookie cutter. Place on parchment paper and bake 10-13 minutes. Cookies should be a light color.
Cool. Sandwich cookies with the dulche de leche.
Roll in coconut and sprinkle with powdered sugar

5 comments:

Allie said...

Ok, I think I should check - you alive over there?

Paz said...

This looks delicious! I'm sure your daughter is very happy when you make it.

Paz

Rob said...

Am also asking the question that Allie has - where are you?

I love reading your blog (even if I don't often leave comments) and miss your posts.

Hope all is okay your end.

Allie said...

I'm w/ you, Rob. It's been a long time since we last heard from her!

Paz said...

Same here. I trust that all is well with you.

Best,
Paz