Cooking with Love

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wanna Nightcap?

I love prickly pears or what we call Sabres. Sabres is also the nickname for Israelis as we are very prickly on the outside but really sweet and tender on the inside. In other words - don't let our chutzpa fool you. We are all sweet and tender on the inside. Always the first to push you if the line is long but also the first to give you a hand and help you out.
The problem with the fruits itself (after attcking those awful thorns) is that the seeds aren't that great for your digestion. So I just take the fruits and run them through the juicer.
As the summer heat grows warmer I fooled around with some ingredients and came up with my very own Sabres Margarita....
I don't have exact quantities but this is basically what I had:
juice of approx. 12 prickly pears
4 oz. Tequila
3 oz Orange liquer
2 Tbs. sugar
2 ox fresh lemon juice
crushed ice

Run it all through the blender. Taste and add tequila to your liking....

No comments: