Cooking with Love

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Good Morning Starshine, the Earth Says Hello...

These are a wonderful breakfast muffin! So full of good and healthy things. So very moist and suo full of delicious flavors.

The recipe is from Cooking Light
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 packed brown sugar
2 Tbs. untoasted wheat germ
2 Tbsp. wheat bran
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/3 cup pitted chopped dates
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup low fat buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup boiling water
Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in oats, dates, raisins, cranberries. Make a well in the middle. Comnine buttermilk, egg and vanilla and add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist. Stir in boiling water and let rest 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375F
Spoon batter in muffin cups. Bake for approx. 18-20 minutes
Cool



4 comments:

Donna said...

Your recipe looks great!

Love your opening line..starshine.

My kids are forever quoting lines from that movie. The only one I quote is when I can't hear them well and I call them a "Mumbler!".

prettybaker said...

I love quoting movies....especialy the good sweet ones...Now I am on an ABBA streak...I hope you see the movie. It is such a smiley movie!!

Donna said...

Prettybaker,
Are you Israeli? I see your were born in CA, so I was wondering.

It's wonderful to communicate with someone all the way in Israel!

Your flatbread on stones looks so neat!

prettybaker said...

Hi Donna -
Yes I call myself Israeli even though I was born in the states. Isn't the blogging wortld wondrful?! So many friends from so many countries! I get excited every time!