Cooking with Love

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Peanut Butter & Jelly - Sock you in the Belly ;-)

I always loved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I loved wonder bread. And I loved Welches Grape Jelly. I outgrew Wonder bread and we have no Welches here in Israel. But we do have peanut butter! Not as many brands as in the states - but I am definately not one to complain!

One of my favorite blogs is Bake or Break http://www.bakeorbreak.com/ and I seriously advise you to check her amazing photo's. I swear she can probably make chopped liver look appetizing!
Her latest recipe is from Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share (Martha Stewart Living Magazine) .
My only change in the recipe was to use rasberry jam as opposed to strawberry. I like the tartness of the rasberries with the sweetness of the peanut butter.

3 comments:

Paz said...

Yay! You're back blogging! I've missed you. What a wonderful peanut butter and Jelly presentation. The beautiful platters give it an extra touch.

I hope your grandmother is doing much better.

Last but not least, Happy Belated Birthday! May all your dreams continue to come true.

Best,
Paz

prettybaker said...

Thanks so much sweetie!! What a wonderful surprise....!! I am glad to be back and am waiting for your wonderful Monday NY photo's. Have a great and wonderful week!
xoxo

Paz said...

I've tagged you for a meme. Please stop by my blog.

Paz xxoo