Cooking with Love

Thursday, June 26, 2008

One of the pleasures of life....

Is Lasagna.
First of all - its one of the easiest recipes I can think of.
Its fast in making and can be served as a complete meal with a salad on the side. It can be a kids food and it can easily feed the yuppiest of adults with a glass of red wine.
I always have a container of fresh homemade tomato sauce in the freezer. I also keep frozen cheeses such as mozzerela and parmesan (easier to grate this way). My only disadvantage is that I am still afraid to make my own pasta....I figure that one day I will get over that fear...maybe

Lasagna

box of lasagna
1 container homemade tomato sauce + 1/4 cup cream
2 containers cottage cheese (approx. 400 grams)
2 eggs
mozzerela cheese - as much as you like

In a bowl - mix the cottage cheese with the eggs and salt and pepper, easy on the salt.
You can add basil or oregano to the sauce, as you like.
In a rectangular pyrex pan, line the lasagna sheets. Spoon 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture. Sprinke mozzerela and pour 1/3 of the tomato sauce. Line once again with lasagna sheets, cottage cheese, mozzerela and sauce...then one last time. Cover with cheese and place foil over the pan so that it doesn't burn.
In preheated oven to high, place the pan and bake 20 - 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 minutes longer.

Zucchini, mushrooms, eggplant and tomatoe slices can be added to the layers.

No comments: