Cooking with Love

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wanna Date??


After quite a long break, which I apologize for, I am at it again....cooking and baking amd photographing and of course - BLOGGING!!
Today I was seeking something different. Something I have never made...while searhing cookbooks I found a recipe I had copied from some cookbook that I do not remember but promised myself to make...which I did.
This is exceptionally moist and rich and delicious!!
Date Chocolate Squares
Dough:
In a food prcessor combine and process the following:
3/4 cup walnuts (I used hazlenuts which I had on hand)
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
3 Tbs. cocoa powder
Process till nuts are finely chopped.
Add:
150 grams cold butter, cut into pieces
2-3 Tbs. water
Process until dough has formed.
Press into buttered pan and bake at 140 C 20-25 minutes.
In the meantime prepare the filling as follows:
In a medium saucepan put
3/4 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
3 Tbs. cocoa powder
3/4 cup boiling water
Heat until sigar has dissolved. Add:
75 grams butter
100 grams bittersweet chocolate
Stir until completely ,elted.
Remove from heat and add 250 grams date spread. Continue stirring. Cool for 5-10 minutes and add:
4 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. Brandy (I used Frangelico sinced I used hazelnuts in the dough).
Pour onto baked dough and bake for another 25 minutes.
Cool.
Cut into squares and keep chilled.
These are delicious!

No comments: