Cooking with Love

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Rose Cookies

This is a great Cookie recipe I gt from "kookie" a virtual friend from one of the Israeli food Forums.
They are easy to make and look like roses.You can play around with the filling - here I used just plain vanilla pudding. Next time I thing I will spread dulce de leche too....

Kookies Rose cookies
Dough:
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
200 grams butter, at room temp.
1 cup sour cream
3 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. sugar

Filling:
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1 box vanilla instant pudding (or any other of your favorite flavor)

Beat together all the dough ingredients until soft dough is formed. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile make the filling:
Beat egg whitess until frothy, add the sugar and beat till peaks form. Gently fold in the pudding.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Remove the dough and roll the dough in a lightly floured surface - as thin as possible.
Spread filling and roll. Slice approx. 2-3 cm and place on lined cookie sheets - filling side up.
Bake until light golden.
Cool completely and sprinkle powdered sugar.
Before baking
After
Covered in powdered sugar

6 comments:

linda said...

Very cute cookies! Love the idea, am bookmarking it now...

prettybaker said...

Thanks. Even my chocolate loving kids like these cookies. The dough is really easy to work with too

Megan said...

These sound very good. A must try so I'm bookmarking. Thanks for entering my contest. I put a ticket in the hat for you!
Good Luck!!!

prettybaker said...

thanks Megan!

Paz said...

I love how they DO look like roses! Well done!

Paz

prettybaker said...

:-)
Thanks Paz