Cooking with Love

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Reeses to Pieces

A friend of mine brought me a bag of reeses. Reeses are pretty hard to find here so the first instinct was just to eat them one by one....But for some reason the bag remained in the cubbard and we forgot all about them (together with the Lindt Chile Chocolate I never tasted). So foo to the kitchen I went to bake cookies (I really haven't baked much since I had the flu).
The recipe is adapted from Baking Bites:
Chocolate Chocolate Chile Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
150 grams butter
1 tsp vanilla
100 grams Lindt Chile chocolate, coarsley chopped
1 bag mini reeses, each one quartered
Preheat oven to 170C and line sheets with parchement paper.
Beat together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla an continue to beat.
In seperate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
Add gently to the butter mixture and mix until well icorporated.
Add the chocolates and stir by hand.
Drop teaspoonful of mixture onto sheets - but make sure that they are at least 2-3 cm apart as the cookies spread.
Bake 9-11 minutes. Cookies will look soft but will be cracked.
Cool completely before removing from pan.

1 comment:

Jeena said...

Hi there my name is Jeena and I have started a food recipe forum that I thought you would like to join here Click here for food recipe forum

I would love to see you on there to chat about food and cooking you can talk about anything you like and start your very own topics. :-)
or see my main food recipe website Jeenas food recipe site

Hope to see you soon

Thanks

Jeena x