Cooking with Love

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Chanit's Granola Bars

These are the exact Granola bras I have been looking for. They are perfect. I made the last night and today there are exactly 2 pieces left...meaning that even my kids like them, which is great. I know they are getting something other than junk.
The recipe can be found here:
http://momsrecipesandmore.blogspot.com/2005/09/granola-bars.html
And I strongly recommend browsing through Chanit's wonderful blog.

Granola Bars
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped - I used almonds and pistachios
1 cup dried fruit - I used apricots, papaya, pineapple (which I had on hand)
1 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
1 can sweetened condensed milk **
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.Line a 10 x 15 inch baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.Cool slightly, remove from pan, peel off foil and cut into bars.

**I added 3 TBS maple pecan syrup which I got from Michelle at mykitchenispink.blogspot.com


before
close
The best granola bars

No comments: