Cooking with Love

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweets for my Sweet....


It was a pretty busy baking weekend...I don't even know what got into me...
Oatmeal Cookies

Ginger Apple Oatmeal Cookies

120 grams softened butter
200 grams sugar
2 large eggs
200 grams flour
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp. milk
150 grams oatmeal (not the instant)
50 grams crystalized ginger, chopped
50 grams dried apples, chopped
Preheat oven to 180C and line cookies sheets with parchement paper.
Beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Add eggs and continue to beat. In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture alternately with the 3 Tbsp. milk. Stir in the oatmeal, apples & ginger.
Spoon spoonfuls of mixture and bake until golden approx. 15-18 min.

White Chocolate Chip & Dried Strawberry Cookies

White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Strawberries

100 grams butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp brandy ( I soak a vanilla bean in my brandy and use this brandy for baking)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking sida
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried strawberies, chopped

Preheat oven to 170C and libe cookie shhets with parchement paper.
Beat butter and sugars till fluffy. Add the egg and brandy. In a seperate bowl combine the flour and baking soda and add to the butter mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips and dried strawberries.
Spoon onto sheets and bake for 10 - 12 minutes
.

Pastel M&M Cookies - before

Pastel M&M Cookies - after

Any chocolate chip cookie recipe that you favor is great for these small m&m chips. Just substitute the chocolate chips with m&m's. It is very rare that colors other than the brown/green/yellow/red are found - so when I spotted these at the candy store....I just bought 'em all (which was not alot).

Frangelico Hazelnut Brownies


I promise to update the recipe tonite...I can't find the book with the recipe....LOL

3 comments:

Paz said...

Oh, my goodness! I wish I were there to take a bite of every one of those cookies. They all look good!

Paz

prettybaker said...

Ha - and theres more......just wait - I am posting now....

Paz said...

More?! Oh, my!

Paz (licking lips)