Cooking with Love

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Oreo Cookie Cookies

I cannot understand how a box of Oreo cookies went past my daughter un-noticed. It couldn't be the fact that I have started to hide sweet things from her - because she finds everything. She found the chocolate kisses that I had no recolection of even hiding.
So I really do not understand how she missed this box of golden delights. Then it hit me...Coul it be, that this teenage mutant of blonde hair and blue eyes is not that fond of oreo cookies??? Is that even possible?????
Apparantley - Yes. She isn't crazy about oreos. So - after being told endless amount of times that we do not throw food I decided that something needs to be done. I don't think its healthy to dislike oreo cookies. I mean, I know for a fact, as do my thighs that it isn't healthy, but - not to like oreos is kind of weird....

So - I decided something must be done....

My Oreo Cookie Cookies
170 grams soft butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
100 grams chocolate bar, broken into pieces
approx 12 broken oreo cookies

Preheat oven to 170 C and line cookie shhet with parhement paper.
In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugars on high speed till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Beat till incorporated.
In medium bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
On low speed add teh flour mixture to the butter mixture.
Add oreos and chocolate - and hand mix.

Spoon mixture onto baking sheets and bake 8-10 minutes.
Ends should be crisp while middle still soft. Cool completely and store in air-tight container.

My daughters response was....WOW!!
She loved them which made me happy....
Now I have to hide them....LOL

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love oreos, but I think I might like these cookies even more!

prettybaker said...

My daughter and teenage friend just gobbled the whole batch!! Amazing how they stay so thin!!