Cooking with Love

Monday, February 18, 2008

Olives & Cheese

These are a great snack with beer. And you don't even have to worry about freezing the leftovers....because there are no leftovers....:-)


Olive & Cheese Balls
2 1/2 cups self rising flour
200 grams buter
1 cup sour cream
100 grams sharp cheese (I used parmesan)
350 grams green olives, de-pitted
sesame seeds

Mix together all the ingredients (except the olives and sesame seeds). Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Rinse the olives with warm water.
Preheat oven to 180C and line cookie sheets. Take nut sized pieces of dough and put 1 olive inside. Roll in the sesame seeds and bake till golden.

I think that next time I will add cayenne pepper to the dough for an extra pizazzz.

4 comments:

linda said...

They look and sound very good!

Lisa said...

I just know I would love this recipe! I will be making this for sure. Thanks for posting this! I imagine it with a bit of goat's cheese.

Arabic Bites said...

Hi Dorit,
This recipe is so good ,we have to try it.
we have something waiting for you over our way.

zainab & meedo
Arabic Bites

Julie said...

These look different, I usually stuff them and fry them. I'll have to give these a try.