Cooking with Love

Friday, February 8, 2008

Everyday Should be Nutella Day

Definatley....No doubt about it - Nutella should not have only one day event - Nutella should have an everyday event!
Who ever decided that February 5h is the World Nutella Day? When at my home it is considered nutella day every single day?
When coming upon this wonderful recipe I honestly thought that I would be broken. With this treat I had to really work on my willpower. So I am warning you - this is a sure diet breaker Nutella Pretzel Cheesecake / Duram Gunt

22cm round pan

Base:
150 grams salty pretzels
1/2 cup nutella spread
75 grams butter

Cheesecake:
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
500 grams soft cheese spread
200 grams cream cheese
1 Tbsp. lemon peel
2 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tbs. cornflour

Topping:
100 gram bittersweet chocolate
2 Tbsp. milk
1 cup sour cream

For the base: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process till crumbs form.
spread into pan and refrigerate for at least an hour.

Cheesecake: Beat the eggs with the sugar at least 5 minutes add cheeses and grated lemon peel. Disolve cornflour in the lemon juice and add. Mix well. bake at 150C for 50 minutes. Refrigerate at least 5 hours.

Topping: Melt chocolate and milk, add sour cream and mix. Spoon over cake and refrigerate and additional hour.

2 comments:

linda said...

That looks so delicious, I'm curious about the base...

prettybaker said...

I think the base is really the highlight of the cake.
Thanks Linda!