Cooking with Love

Friday, February 29, 2008

Daring Baker -Take 3

Baguettes - by Julia Childeant to be....
It's flu time. End of winter, spring is in the air and everyone is down with the flu. Even I caught it. And I usually skip the flu part. I think it took me 2 days just to comprehend that my body is aching because I have a fever and not because I am tired. By that point me fever was so high I am not sure I even remembered who I am. But I did remember I have baguettes to make.... and what better time to make this recipe as I have so much time on my hands...
before fermenting

This dare was one that I kept postponing since it is time consuming....


fermentation


Overall they arenot hard to make and the family loved them - but the recipe is very very time consuming and I doubt I will ever make them again


Baguettes


Recipe can be found at www.breadchick.com

6 comments:

Miss Michelle said...

Fantastic job! Those look great!

Jenny said...

Hope you're feeling better!

The bread looks great.

Gretchen Noelle said...

Your bread looks nice! Great job!

prettybaker said...

Thank you all - I am much better and I think I may have been too harsh on the recipe. I will definately try to make them again (when I have the time...) and I am sure I will enkoy the process much more.

breadchick said...

Sorry you sick. Glad you found time to make the bread though.

Thanks for baking with Sara and I

Molly Loves Paris said...

Great effort. And nice looking bread. I got the flu with a high temperature and I just laid around on the couch until I was better. I'm certain that once you don't have to be reading the recipe this recipe is one worth doing again.