Cooking with Love

Friday, February 1, 2008

The color orange

I love how all the fruits and vegetables are so colorful. How could we live without colors in our life?? Imagine a rainbow in one color....Sad. Imagine all flowers were white. Terrible. But we are blessed with colors. How can you not smile at purple grapes on a plate of green? Or peaches swimming in a sea of white cream???
I love to eat the color orange. I do! I love carrots. I sometimes think that in a previous life I was a fuzzy rabbit!
So my favorite soup is orange color....with my favorite vegetables...carrots and pumpkins (sometimes I add sweet potatoes, but I am stiil calories consience...)

My Orange Colored Soup

2 medium onions, chopped
4-5 carrots, sliced
500 grams pumpkin, cubed
water
salt & pepper
parsley leaves, garnish

In a pot heat some olive oil (or butter) and saute the onions till golden. Add the pumpkin and carrots and saute for a few minutes. Add water and cook till vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper (if you like ginger can be added) and puree.

Granish with parsley leaves or pumpkin seeds.

3 comments:

givethemhell said...

I like the looks of this orange colored soup, although pumpkin is not my favorite taste. But mixed with carrots it might taste good.

prettybaker said...

You'll like it! girls scouts honor! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, My wife just damaged her Princess Mug & I see you have one in your blog picture. Would you like to sell the mug?

Thank you for your time,
Fred & Gail