Cooking with Love

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A cake fit for Princesses

I really have no idea why I haven't posted this cake yet. It is a total hit and very versatile, meaning that so many changes can be made. Such as different toppings or additional fruits can be added to the batter.
The base of the cake is easy. One of the easiest cakes I know how to bake. I usualy whisk everything together and don't even bother with the kitchenaid. Easy, easy, easy.

Vanilla cake

3 eggs
1.25 cups self rising flour
1.25 cups sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 sachets vanilla sugar (I just go ahead and add my own pure vanilla)
1 cup sour cream
dash salt

Just mix it all together with a whisk till incorporated. In preheated oven at 160C bake till golden.
Cool completely.

Caramel Glaze (from Epicurious.com)

1 cup cream
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tbs. corn syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla

Bring cream, sugar and vanilla to a boil for approx. 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and pour over cooled cake.
Serve at room temp.


I just love my disney princess coffee mug!

9 comments:

givethemhell said...

Oh my, those tempting calory bombs!

prettybaker said...

Thats why it went to my sister two minutes after taking the picture...I always bring dessert for Shabbat dinner.

givethemhell said...

Ah, Shabbat dinner, how nice of you to bring your sister a shabbat cake. She is lucky you live close to her and are such a wonderful baker.

prettybaker said...

:-)

arik9b said...

יווווווו איך שזה נראה טוב

prettybaker said...

הבלוג או אני?? חחחחחחח

arik9b said...

התכוונתי לעוגה.....

:)

Deborah said...

What a lovely cake!!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That cake is very tempting! Mmhhh, the caramel frosting must taste gorgeous!

Cheers,

Rosa