Cooking with Love

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Yaels' Orange Cake

One the easiest moistest cakes I have made. The best part is the fact that there is no separating of the egss - which I hate.

And the fact that when the cake comes out of the oven - freshly squeezed orange juice is poured over the cake and is absorbed immedietely.

Yaels' Orange Cake

4 large eggs
2 cups self rising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice + pulp



Mix together on medium speed till fluffy. Pour into pan - (any pan goes) and bake on medium heat till toothpick comes out dry - approx. 30-35 minutes.
In the meantime squeeze fresh oranges to measure 3/4 cup (I use more) and pour over cake.
Decorate with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I made an orange cake a few years ago, and it was delicious. I don't know why I haven't made one since, but now I want to!