Cooking with Love

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Truly Easy Whole Wheat Bread

This is realy a very good easy to make bread. No starters needed, nohassle at preplanning. And this is excatly how I like it, because usualy I start out the morning planning to make 1,2,3 and by the time I get home I have changed my mind 100 times and end up making 5,9,2...LOL.
So if no pre-planning or pre-startering is needed - than I am fine!

Edna's Whole Wheat Bread
250 grams whole wheat flour
250 grams strong flour
1 1q2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. fast acting yeast
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. honey
450 ml warm water

Knead together all the ingredients. I have a bread machine which I use for all my kneading.
Let stand and ferment till douhj doubles in size. Knead once more to let out air and form a bread loaf.
Preheat oven to 190 C and put a heat proof bowl of water at bottom of oven. Bake the bread and remove the water after first 10 minutes. Continue baking 30 minutes longer.
I think i will try adding herbs and grains next time.
I slice the bread and keep in the freezer.

4 comments:

givethemhell said...

How do you keep your new slim figure after the diet, if you bake so much? Or do you not eat your own bread?

prettybaker said...

HA!!
I don't touch any of it! Trust me - it isn't always easy....but sacrifices must be made hee hee :)

Núria said...

Wow Dorit, this looks so easy and so good! Yes, maybe adding herbs or even nuts (if I may suggest) would be great!!!
I'm bookmarking it! Thanks.

prettybaker said...

Nuria - what a beautiful name! Thanks - and i will add grains and herns next time!