Cooking with Love

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tamari's Tehina Bulbs

I am always in search of a cookie that tastes great, ingredients are always on hand and are easy to make in a jiffy.
I guess my friend Tamari has the same notion. These are her cookies and there isn't a food forum in Israel that hasn't discussed them, posted them, praised them.
I praise Tamari.
Every recipe she has given is made to perfection. I have a Tamari factor. If she says go - I know I should run and make them.
These are her cookies. The mixture of tehina and sugar gives these cookies a taste of halva, and who is the middle-east doesn't like halva?? Overall, I would say that even though they aren't low in calories - the fact that tehina paste is so high in iron, makes these cookies pretty healthy.

Tamari's Tehina Bulbs

100 grams butter, room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup good quality tehina paste
1 cup flour

powdered sugar for covering

In bowl on high speed, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the tehina paste and continue beating.
Add the flour - by hand - until incorporated in mixture. Roll cookies into walnut sized balls and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 170 C. Roll cookies in powdered sugar and bake approx 10 minutes till cookies start cracking.
Cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
These cookies won't last long.....
Thank you Tamari for another wonderful recipe!

5 comments:

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen said...

These sounds delicious! I love Tahini - Never thought of putting it in cookies though!

prettybaker said...

Tahini + honey = halva. On of the most popular sweets in the middle east. Try just mixing them together and spreading on bread. Very healthy too! And you will definately love the cookies. They just melt in your mouth.

burekaboy — said...

עוד משהו לנסות!!

הן צריכות להיות נפלאות

prettybaker said...

הן אכן נפלאות. ממש נימוחות

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love Tehina! Your cookies look fabulous! Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa