Cooking with Love

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crispy Flatbread with Everything on Them

I found these on "28 cooks" blog. And all I can say is that they are great. They are great alone, as is. Great with guacamole or salsa. Great crumbled over salad. And great with beer. Its the type of cracker that can be made in minutes when unexpected beer buddies come calling. And they are healthy.


Crispy Flatbread Crackers with Everything
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 c beer
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place cookie sheet in oven to preheat as well.
In small bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic and set aside.
In large bowl, sift flour and salt together.
Add beer and mix with hands until dough forms. Knead for 2-3 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
On slightly floured surface, roll dough out very thinly. (The thinner the dough, the crispier the flatbread will be) .
Place on parchment paper the size of the baking sheet. Brush dough with garlic olive oil and sprinkle liberally with seasoning. Lightly press seasoning into dough.
Place into oven and bake 5-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on baking rack. Break apart when cool.
Crumbled
With guacamole and roasted peppers

6 comments:

Evelin said...

hi, it's me, your taste&create partner. I'm really sorry I haven't posted your recipe yet, but I have a tiny problem. I tried making the cashew-cardamom cookies last night and...it was probably me:D they didn't turn out well. so I'm eager to try your Lebanese meatballs, but I haven't really got time for it right now. Oh...sigh.

prettybaker said...

Hey!
I am so sorry to hear they didn't come out. They are pretty easy to make.
I haven't gotten a mail yet with my partner..:(
Is it you?

Deborah said...

This looks delicious!!

prettybaker said...

Thanks Deborah! They are good and easy to make - and healthier than any other snack

Evelin said...

The list is up for ages already and the deadline...was two days ago;)

prettybaker said...

I never got it - but I have an extension till next week....I can't decide what to make - all your recipes are terrific!!