Cooking with Love

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Healthy Food

I didn't feel like baking today. My freezer is so full of muffins / rolls / pita bread / bagels that I see no point either...

But I had beautiful strips of beef that I defrosted and fresh broccoli that I was inclined to use them. And also - I love broccoli. Its healthy. Its green. Its great.

Beef & Broccoli

500 grams beef strips
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 head of broccoli, cut into flowerets
4-5 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 TBS Sesame oil
3-4 TBS soy sauce
1 green jalapeno, optional, sliced thin
1 TBS curry powder
salt & pepper
wasabi sesami and/or shitake sesame, for garnish, optional

Heat 2 Tbs. vegetable oil in a pan or wok. Saute onion till golden. Add Meat and saute 3-4 minutes till done. Add the garlic, sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir and add curry, salt and pepper.
Add the broccoli and cook no more than 4-5 minutes. Broccli should remain crisp.

Serve over white rice and garnish with the wasabi / shitake sesame seeds


8 comments:

Olivia Kroth said...

Hi Dorit,
I love broccoli and coliflower, too. I bet you have your cupboard full of rolls and different kinds of bread, you have been baking a lot recently. Is there anybody in your home to eat it all?

Paz said...

Yum, yum, yum! I love broccoli. Beef and broccoli sound just right. ;-)

Paz

prettybaker said...

Olivia - I also Love cauliflower and I have a whole tray I just made. BUt they are just so inphotogenic!! let me know if you ever need easy recipes.
No body here can eat as fast as I bake....So I freeze and/or bring to work.
When my son returns from the states there will be no problem - He and his friends are like a plague of locusts - eating everything in sight LOL!!!

Paz - Brocolli RULES!!! LOL

Olivia Kroth said...

Hi Dorit,
I would love to have some easy recipes for cauliflower.

Today there is a diashow on Haifa in Hagalil.online. You'll find the link on my blog.

If you scroll down the current page on Hagalil you will find the headline under "Israel" in the right hand column.

I printed the photos out and pasted them in my ongoing diary to look at. It is nice to see where you live.

Could you place the photos on your blog? They might be of interest to your guest bloggers.

chanit said...

שילוב מעולה
אוהבת ברוקולי מאוד מאוד ,סוף שבוע נפלא :-)

prettybaker said...

Olivia -

I think that for you I will post 2 recipes tonight when I get home.
A recipe for an asian salad (raw cauliflower) and one for cooked cauliflower!

prettybaker said...

תודה מותק!!

Olivia Kroth said...

Hi Dorit,
I am looking forward to both cauliflower recipes. I will print them out and try them. Cauliflower is my favorite winter vegetable.