Cooking with Love

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Clouds of Cashew Cardomom Cookies

I found these online posted by me sexy kitchen blog - http://mysexykitchen.blogspot.com/2007/09/clouds-of-cashew-and-cardamon-cookies.html
and I think they are really cool. Easy to make and I do so love the aroma of cardomom (you know what cardomom is called in hebrew "hel" הל ha! such a weird name for such a wonderful spice!!
The cookies



Ingredients:
200 grams sugar
1/4 cup cashews, raw
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cardamom
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
pinch salt

corsely grind cashews


Put all the ingredients in the mixer and mix until ball forms. Leave at room temp. for 30 minutes to rest.

Form balls the size of pin pongs and flatten with the bottom of a floured cup.

Bake approx. 20 -22 minutes till golden.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and let cool completely.

4 comments:

Olivia Kroth said...

I love the taste of cardamom and like to add this flavor to my winter tea.

http://olivia-kroth.blog.de.vu

prettybaker said...

Please Olivia - send me an email with your address - I would love to send you a box, fresh from the oven. I brought them to work - they lasted 5 minutes and the box is empty!
I love the scent of cardomom!

Olivia Kroth said...

Thank you, Dorit.
I feel honored that you want to send me a box of cookies all the way from Israel. I'll give you my address by email right away.

Sarita said...

no butter?