Cooking with Love

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cinnamon Crescents - Blogging Event

I love these bloggong Events and I search for the ones I can participate in constantly. Sunita http://sunitabhuyan.blogspot.com/2007/12/think-ginger-round-up-and-announcing.html
Sunita holds a monthly bloggong event with spices. Last month was ginger and this month is my favorite - Cinnamon. There is nothing more warming than the smell of cinnamon. It can be added to both sweet and savoury dishes. To meat or vegan. Cinnamon is that one spice that you cannot and should not live without!

My recipe is for Cinnamon Crecents by Idit Hayat.

50 grams almonds
50 grams hazelnuts ( I guess walnuts or pecans can be used too, probably even cashews)
150 grams butter, room temp.
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp grated lemon peel
50 grams sugar
210 grams all purpose flour

Powdered sugar + cinnamon , for sprinkling

Mix together all the ingredients (except the powdered sugar, of course)
Form a ball and cool for 30 minutes in the refrigerator (I put the ball in a ziplock bag)

Preheat oven to 180C and line pans with parchement paper.
Form crecsents (or whatever form you choose) and place on pan. Bake approx. 18 minutes till golden. While still hot sprinkle with powedered sugar.

Cool completely and store in airtight jar up to 5 days.

100 gram nuts

Ground Nuts

butter and spice and everything nice

50 grams sugar
210 grams flour


In the mixer
30 minutes cooling time

Shaping

18 minutes in the oven at 180 C

sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon

I also made them round