Cooking with Love

Friday, December 14, 2007

Another salad...

One of those easy salads that can be eaten warm or cold...
Our zucchini's are light skinned as oppsed to the ones I've seen in the states that are dark green.
But I love zucchini. Any color is fine with me!!

Zucchini Salad

1 large onion, chopped
4-5 medium zucchini, cubed small
3-4 tomatoes, grated
1 hot pepper, optional
Juice from one large lemon
salt, pepper, paprika

Saute onion in oil - I use olive which is always my favorite until golden.
Add the zucchini cubes and saute 3-4 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Lower heat to minimum and cook until begins to be tender. No need to add water as the water content of the zucchini is high. At this point I add the salt which helps the zucchini release fluids.
Add the pepper if used and the tomatoes.
Season and cook until tender.
Serve warm or cold.

No comments: