Cooking with Love

Friday, November 30, 2007

Thumbprint Jam Cookies

These are really tasty melt in your mouth type cookie.
I I wasn't crazy though about how they look... I think next time I may just freeze them after I roll them into balls and then bake them. Maybe then they won't spread as much.
They are not the type to send as a gift as they crumble so easily.
Freinds at work rated them a complete A+

Viola's Thumbrint Cookies

200 grams butter, room temp.
400 grams all purpose flour
100 grams confectioners sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 150 C and line cookie pan with parchment paper.
Mix all ingredients and form a soft ball.
Roll into size of walnuts and "thumbprint" them in the middle.
Bake approx. 15 -18 minutes until golden.
Fill the thumbprint with jam or nutella. I think Dulce de Leche would even work!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If you don't want them to spread, cut down on the butter/oil. I'm not sure why the recipe calls for both, but those ingredients really make cookies spread.