Cooking with Love

Monday, November 26, 2007

Snickers Brownies (and oooops, I forgot the sugar)

Brownies...before

I really really really wanted to make yummy brownies.
I'm not a brownie freak. But I am a snickers freak I do love chocolate. I mean - I even adore chocolate. I even eat diet chocolate now and it isn't that gross. But I wanted to make to die for brownies just the way I crave.
So I took a whole lot of recipes. Decided to "play around" with them. But instead of writing down one full recipe to my liking I had like 3-4 recipes in front of me....Only after my daughter tried a bite and made a weird face it hit me.....I forgot the sugar!!

Brownies right out of the oven

Brownies....or at least what is left
But she liked them. Even took them to school. Isn't it great that teenagers pretty much eat anything!
They are pretty easy to make (and probably taste wonderful if you remember the sugar..)

Snickers Brownies - my way
200 grams butter
200 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Melt in a medium pan (I melted over the oven and not in the microwave. Don't like the microwave) and add
1 2/3 cups sugar (DO NOT FORGET THE SUGAR!!)
Mix vigourously.
Add 3 eggs while mixing (I use my whisk)
Add
1/4 cup cocoa
2/3 cups all purpose flour
and mix gently
Stir in 1 cup roasted peanuts and 1 cup chopped caramels
Line pan with parchement paper. Fill with mixture and bake at 170 C for approx 20-25 minutes. When it seems the edges are fully baked - is the time to take the brownies out of the oven. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keep in closed box - or freeze

No comments: