Cooking with Love

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I know you expect recipes with pics


But for some reason I can't upload the pics I have.....on the other hand I ordered a new camera - so hopefully that will "save the day". So - I'll go with any pic that uploads and give you the recipe for that...at least for the time being.
So....This is Rumanian Eggplant - "Salat Hatzilim"
2 nice sized eggplants
1 jar roasted red peppers
2-3 minced garlic cloves
3 Tbs. vinegar
1 tsp sugar
salt
Roast the eggplants either on the open fire or in the oven until soft. I love the smell of roasted eggplant (sometimes, when my neighbors cook something that stinks the whole building - I get in the mood to make this salad).
Spoon out all the inside and put in the magimix with the garlic and roasted peppers. Short pulse the mix uintil incorporated.
Add sugar, vinegar and salt.
Taste and add seosonings as you like.
Keep refrigerated.
Great with sandwiches or on its own.

2 comments:

Paz said...

This sounds delicious and I'd love to make it for my lunch. Yum! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Best,
Paz

prettybaker said...

Thanks!
I hope you enjoy!
xoxo