Cooking with Love

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Just felt that I have to give in my share to the festivities. I remember my grandfather Dobby cutting the turkey with the electric knife and I would watch in total awe at how he cut ecery piece precisely as if he himself were a sculpture carving into his masterpiece.

I think what I realy loved about Thanksgiving was cranberry sauce. In my honest opinion - thats really the whole reason Thanksgiving was invented. I could (and I did) eat cranberry sauce almost all year round, homemade, canned, from a restaurant...whenever I could get my hands on it. And NEVER, EVER in all my life did I eat it with Turkey! God Forbid!! Just cranberry sauce...YUMMMY....

So - back to the pumpkin. I was planning on making pumpkin carrot soup which I love...but then decided on trying something new...so searching for the perfect recipe (perfect meaning I had all ingredients) I finally mixed and matched a whole bunch of recipes to create this:

Pumpkin Spice Muffins (of course there are cranberries in it!)

2 cups self rising flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash nutmeg

Stir in bowl.
Mix together in the mixer:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vgetable oil
1/2 cup honey or silan (date honey)

Add 3 eggs one by one

When all is incorporated add 1 1/2 TBS. freshly grated ginger
15 oz pumpkin
flour mixture

Mix with a spoon 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup cranberries

Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.






After completely cooled I drizzled 2 TBS Ricotta cheese mixed with 100 powdered sugar ans 1-2 TBS milk


No comments: