Cooking with Love

Friday, November 30, 2007

Chocolate Crinkles


I'm at home. All day. Haven't left the house. No long walks on the beach. Too windy.
So - I baked cookies. There is something very comforting in cookies. And chcolate. They definately go together. The aroma of chocolate can bring childhood memories on one hand or carry you into a seductive dreamworld on the other hand. I love chocolate. Both on the childlike aspect and that of a grown woman with the knowledge that chocolate is not only M&M's....
But today my cookies were totally for tea...


Chocolate Crinkles

100 grams butter
60 grams bittersweet chocolate
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup + 1 Tbs. cocoa
1/2 tsp soda powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Melt butter and chocolate. Let cool.

Mix together the melted cooled chocolate mixture, sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy. Add the Flour, soda and cocoa. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least two hours.Preheat oven to 175 C and cover two cookie pans with parchement paper.Make nut sized balls from the chocolate mixture and roll in the powdered sugar till covered completely. Bake in oven approx. 8-12 minutes until cookies just begin to spread.

Remove immedietely and cool completely.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I love chocolate crinkle cookies - although I haven't had them in a long time. These sound wonderful!

April said...

I make these too. I curious how my recipe compares to yours. I will have to check that out. They look yummy!